Wednesday, May 8, 2013

New Jobs, New Happenings!

Well, School is over for the year and summer is in full swing (I hope, we often get snow May long weekend here...or in July....). I'm so excited for the new things to come in the next few months, all the places I'll get to see, go and the new foods I'll get to try. Speaking of new things, my copy of Gather came in the mail last week, and I have spend a countless amount of time peering into the pages, searching for the treasures to be found.

I have been enjoying the sun and warmth immensely, last summer I was sick for the entire warm season and spent the entire time coop up in my house, and didn't get to do any of my usual summer favorites. So far I have been enjoying bike rides, rollerblading and walks with my dog, Stryder. Isn't he the cutest thing ever? (Aren't I the cutest thing ever? Bahaha.)


The other thing that I missed out on last summer due to sickness (or recovery actually), was a job. I actually worked one week, and it killed me - to the point where I was unable to do anything for 10 months - lesson learned. Don't do too much too fast - but now that I am healthy I am stoked to be in the working scene again!! I was planning on two part time jobs this summer, I prefer to have variety of scenery. I worked one shift at a local health food store - the discounts would have been nice, but it wasnt for me, and I struggled not to judge peoples choices there. Oops. But I am so happy with my other job, at a local coffee shop. The basis of the shop is community, and I have an opportunity to do music within that job as well. I had my first shift today, and am in love with it! So much - I am so glad for such a great opportunity!

Other than that things have been pretty chill, I have been spending a lot of my time working on my yoga skills - I really do love yoga.

Happy Summering!

No comments:

Post a Comment